Quantcast


Last updated: July 16. 2014 11:44AM - 696 Views
By PAUL HANNAH phannah@civitasmedia.com



The mobile home on Eastern Ave. was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived on scene.
The mobile home on Eastern Ave. was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived on scene.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A mobile home on Eastern Avenue in Peebles burned down on Saturday, July 12 after 4 p.m. The home is thought to have caught fire after a fan was plugged into an electrical cord that was not designed for the cord the fan was using, causing a short.


Before firefighters arrived, Wesley Parker, a passerby, had noticed the smoke and stopped to ensure everyone was safe. When he went around the back of the mobile home, he found a dog locked in a pen next to the mobile home. The pen had already gotten very hot, and Parker injured himself while saving the dog. The dog is undergoing treatment for burns and smoke inhalation.


By the time firefighters arrived, the fire had spread to the wooden stairs of the house next door, owned by the same person, and was starting to cause parts of the home next door to melt.


Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

West Union Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com